Saturday, November 19, 2011

What type of figurative language?????help?!?!?

1) “On my way home, I would hike past row upon row of black barracks, watching mountains waver through the desert heat, with the sun trying to dry up my very blood…”





2) “I am what you call the black sheep in the family.”





3) “Afternoons I would see her coming from blocks away, heading home, her tiny figure warped by heat waves and that bonnet a yellow flower wavering in the glare.”





4) “…outside the square mile of wire, next to a crackling blaze and looking at stars so thick and so close to the ground I could have reached up and scooped up an armful.”





Tell weather theses quotes are:


metaphor,


simile,


hyperbole,


personification,


or idiom

What type of figurative language?????help?!?!?
Two is an idiom because it does not mean what it literally says.





Four I would say is a hyperbole, it is over-exaggerating and not meant to be taken literally.





As for one and three I am not sure. They do not seem to fit any of the categories you have listed.


No comments:

Post a Comment