Saturday, November 19, 2011

Poetry..HELP NEEDED?

I have to analyze 5 poems-what kind of poem is it? Elements of the poetry such as imagery, alliteration, assonance, and consonance. I kinda lost with the whole thing. I need your help please...Any feed back from any of these poems would be a HUGE help! (all would be greatly preferred!) Here are 2...





1. Star light, star bright,


The first star I see tonight,


I wish I may, I wish I might,


Have the wish I wish tonight.


by Unknown





2. Twinkle, twinkle, little star,


How I wonder what you are,


Up above the world so high,


Like a diamond in the sky.





When the blazing sun is set,


And the grass with dew is wet,


Then you show your little light,


Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.





As your bright and tiny spark


Lights the traveller in the dark,


Though I know not what you are,


Twinkle, twinkle, little star.


by Jane Taylor

Poetry..HELP NEEDED?
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is written in couplet form


The simile ' like a diamond in the sky' teaches children how words can be used to paint a picture in the imagination. The words create a comparison between the twinkling of the star to a sparkling diamond thus providing a perfect illustration of clever imagery and excellent use of the English language..





both poems ryhme...bright, light, sky hight..





Star light has repitition of words (star and wish...)





Most alliteration occurs on stressed syllables. ... (ex.Twinkle, twinkle, little star
Reply:What are you in 5th grade; those questions are too hard for everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment